Friday, April 24, 2009

Choopie Goes to London: Part 3

Sightseeing

 

 

Friday morning, well more like afternoon, I woke up late.  I got ready in a hurry, so i wouldn't waist more time.  then i was out the door ready to be a major tourist.  

First stop Big Ben.  

consensus: It's big.  and I didn't see Peter Pan, so I was a bit disappointed about that. The weather was just gorgeous again though, so I got some great pictures! 

Second Stop Westminister Abby. (which is actually just across the street.) 

consensus: Amazing. I just love old cathedrals, I didn't even go in the big church, because they charge you (so dumb) but just in the little chapel, I was awe struck.  The way the whole thing is designed your head just goes straight up, as if the building itself is pointing at Heaven.  I loved it.

Outside the church is a little green area that was filled with people lounging in the sun. It looked nice but i didn't join them, I was on a schedule. 

Third Stop: 

Top Shop. 

consensus: Soooooo good! It definitely live up to it's expectations. I loved that they had a nail salon and a Hair salon in the store, they had cute little name for them though, like "Blow-dry Bar" for the hair.  I ended up getting my nails painted (Dark blue, Finally! I've been wanting this color forever!!!).   I also bought a Sweater for 15 pounds! 

Fourth Stop:

Hyde Park/ Marble Arch.

Consensus: marble arch, not impressive, I don’t really know the history behind, maybe if I did it would be more interesting, I’ll have to look it up sometime.  Hyde park, Gorgeous and HUGE! Again, tons of  “sunbathing”

 

And that concludes my sightseeing for the day.

One of the girls who lives in the house I’m staying at, Belle, works Across from Hyde Park so I met her when she was done, and we took a bus home. When we got there she made this sweedish (because she is sweedish) vanilla creamy stuff. It was god kind of like pudding and whip cream mixed together.  We Ate it while we watched comedians on YouTube, until it was time to finish the day.

 

Tomorrow I’ll see some more of the City. 

 

1 comment:

  1. love your blog! and shop! and everything! I'm 22 too, and I have no idea what to do with my life.. just want to travel and do etsy! I think that's it! Good luck in paris!!!

    marjie

    ReplyDelete